gabe’s bummed too wow
It is with heavy hearts that today we announce the departure of Ryland & Alex from Cobra Starship. Below you will find a letter from them explaining their reasons. Although we were bummed when they first told us, Nate, Victoria and I love Cobras too much to not move forward. Not only because of what this band means to us, but also because of what Cobras stands for: To never give up, to never say die. And though Alex & Ryland will no longer be a part of the band, they will always be a part of the crew and will always be like family to us, and hopefully to you.
We are excited that later this week we get to introduce you to our new bass player. We know you will like him as much as we do! Here’s your hint as to who he is: he was in a band that toured with Cobras. Take your best guess—the polls are now open!
We are also excited that tomorrow we will finally be premiering the video for “Never Been In Love.” The video takes place mostly in Sweden with Icona Pop, but it features one last cameo with Ryland and Alex. We are grateful to have had all these years with them and we will always support them, and hope you will too.
A message from Alex and Ryland,
Hey guys - first off, we’re extremely thankful for the love and support you have shown us since we first joined Cobra Starship. We’ve had an opportunity to get to know a lot of you over the years and can’t thank you enough for sharing some of the fondest moments of our lives as musicians. We truly mean it when we say we have the best fans.
Cobras has taken us all around the world. To places we surely wouldn’t have seen, smells we wouldn’t have smelled and flavors we wouldn’t have savored - all possible because of you guys. Gabe, Nate and Victoria have become family over the last 8 years and we couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to share this unique and enriching experience with.
We’re excited to start a new chapter in our lives in production and songwriting. Who knows? Maybe we’ll finally even fulfill our dream of competing in American Ninja Warrior. Or maybe we’ll open “Much Ado About Muffin,” our Shakespeare- themed bakery. The world is our oyster! We hope to have your support in our future endeavors. We’re thankful to have the support of the rest of the Cobras in this decision and we’ll always be a part of the Crew. We’re stoked to see you guys supporting “Never Been in Love” and we can’t wait to hear the rest of the album Gabe and the band are working on.
We’re so grateful for the opportunity you’ve given us. Meeting so many of you has been a life changing experience.
When the two if us met in high school, all we wanted to do is play music. Thank you for making that possible.
Alex and Ryland
(click pic for HQ)
Josh Dun of Twenty One Pilots in Cleveland Ohio - more photos on the blog - http://adamelmakias.com/live/photos-of-twenty-one-pilots-live-in-cleveland-ohio/
Hesitant Alien is the debut studio album by Gerard Way, former lead singer of the American alternative rock band My Chemical Romance, released in the US on September 30, 2014.
this is amazing
THESE ARE LITERALLY THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD
"This slur has been reclaimed" doesn’t mean everyone sees it that way, doesn’t mean it doesn’t still function as a slur, doesn’t mean it no longer carries the historical baggage of a slur and doesn’t mean it should be used by everyone without any regard for the feelings of those who it has been used against
“If I fall [during the backflip] and break a bone… cheer even louder because I’m going to be really embarrassed and I’m gonna feel like crap about myself. So the cheering will drown out some of that a little bit.”
I like to have white or ambient noise playing while I study, so I thought I’d share a list of my favourite websites in case anyone else was interested.
- Rainymood - Allows you to play rain, with suggestions of ambient music to play at the same time. Has an iOS and Android app, my personal favourite.
- Calm - A visually beautiful website. Provides moving backgrounds and an option for guided calm which allows you to immerse yourself in the music and to relax. Has a free app for iPhone. Another one of my favourites.
- Showertime - The experience of taking a shower without the water. Allows you to control features such as length of shower, size of room, water pressure, etc.
- Coffitivity - The background noise of a coffee shop. Allows you to choose between different locations such as lunchtime lounge, morning murmur etc. Has an app for iOS and Android as well as a desktop app for OS X.
- Soundrown - A website with a sleek minimalist design, allows you to choose between rain, coffee shop, ocean, fire, bird noises, or a combination of the five.
- Relaxing Snow - Visually beautiful falling snow, the website gives you the opinion to play music with the scenery, or to choose your own.
- Raining.Fm - This website gives you the ability to adjust the rain to exactly how you’d like it, with options to tweak thunder, rain and storm noises. Has an app for iOS and Android, as well as a timer and snooze option.
- Rain For Me - Simple rain effects with the option to download the audio files for offline listening.
- Snowy Mood - Inspired by Rainy Mood, this website really makes you feel like it’s winter. Perfect for playing while snuggled up in a warm bed.
- Rainy Cafe - Combines the sounds of a bustling cafe setting with the sounds of drizzling rain. Allows you to select the volume of each setting, or turn one off completely.